Who am I?

I'm a happily married father of 3, 40 hr a week working, no time having, 40 yr old Professional bicycle racer. This is how I make it work. ( Or don't sometimes.)

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Plans

Working on the next few month's plans currently.
First up, a small local XC race this Sunday at Harbison. Should be muddy and fun. Not planning on riding very hard.
Then, on to the bigger weekends....
I'll have a high altitude, solo, winter backpacking trip for a few days in January. Hoping for atrocious conditions as always. That should be a fairly run of the mill trip.
Then, in late Feb, Alex and I are headed down to Folkston, GA for a 4 day/ 3 night trip in the Okefenokee Wildlife Refuge. 4 days in the swamp, should be awesome. It's been 20 years since I've been paddling down there and have wanted to go back for awhile. Should be quite an adventure. Cold nights, warm days, not too buggy yet, and lots of snakes and alligators. Always makes you pucker portaging the canoes over trees and blowdown while in waist deep water. Those sounds in the water you hear seem louder and closer than normal. At least we won't be carrying packs so we're bringing coolers and good food this time as well as some luxury items usually left at home.

Planning on staying here on Floyd's Island one night-
Canal Run Shelter another night, and an undetermined spot the third night-

I can't wait! I love swamps. After that trip, it will be back to the same old grind with a few Mountain Bike races here and there. Maybe I'll squeeze in a few backpacking or climbing trips on my days off  later in the spring as well. We'll see. Lots of things to check off on my list besides 100% racing bikes all the time. Stay tuned to see where I end up next! Later-

No comments:

Post a Comment