Who am I?

I'm a happily married father of 3, 40 hr a week working, no time having, 40 yr old Professional bicycle racer. This is how I make it work. ( Or don't sometimes.)

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Seriously?!

You do what you gotta do right? So I get up at 4:30 this morning thinking I can get on the trainer at 5. Maybe I can get an hour in before the kids are up. 5:10 and Nixon is already screaming like all his skin has been stripped off. FAIL. Not going back to bed. Ever. To the living room to eat the lights off the tree. At least he's stopped screaming for now. Had a decent 1/2 hr before Paxton is up whining about wanting the breakfast he doesn't want to eat..... I wore bibs, an undershirt, and my HRM strap around for a few hours refusing to let go of hope that I could get Nixon back down for his morning nap and Paxton to chill and watch TV. Maybe I could get an hour in on the trainer before going to work to deal with a whole different type of assholes for hours. Speaking of...the store has a huge roll up garage door on the front of it. Directly at the end of the sidewalk leading to it. Right in front of your face if you walk up. Two feet to the right of the 15 foot wide, 10 foot tall OPEN door is a regular sized closed door. It's very interesting to watch people walk in. I know right away what I'm going to have to deal with before even hearing them speak. I can usually tell who I'm dealing with by watching them pull into the parking lot and watching them attempt to park but hey, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until they pass or fail the door test. Anyhow- I've noticed about a 50/50 split here, no shitting you. Half the people walk or wheel their bikes through the open 15 foot wide door in front of them. DIRECTLY in front of them. The other half make an effort to beeline for, wheel their bike into, fight to open, to get them or their bike caught in the 2 1/2 foot wide closed door. Tells you all you need to know. I'm betting on lots of door fighters today.
Back to my story though- Gave up on riding at 8:10 and took a shower to get ready for work. Maybe I can take Paxton to the grocery store with me and get Nixon down for a nap so that Liza gets some peace and quiet. One thing accomplished today.
Anyways- Hoping to get Nixon down at 8 tonight, Paxton at 8:30, Liza by 9. Then maybe I can try to get that hour ride in again. If I can get to bed by 11 I can get in a whole 5 1/2 hrs of sleep before trying again tomorrow morning! Hell yeah.
DH

1 comment:

  1. Lagunitas had very different plans of course.....
    Tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete